27 Feb 2022
Nominations for 2022 Wildfire Teams are now open.
Nominations are now open to all HJRU 2022 players in the age group U12’s to U18’s who wish to trial for the 2022 HJRU Wildfires XVs Teams.
Please note U10 and U11 Development Squad nominations will be invited to trial at a later date reason being this tournament is held in July.
Trials will be held on the below dates and age groups will be spread across multiple venues – Times and Grounds Attached. U18 Boys and U18 Girls mid-week trial details are to be confirmed but there times and grounds are listed for the Sunday.
- Wednesday 23rd March
- Sunday 27th March
All selection trials will include a warm up, skills and fitness testing and a game.
- Please ensure the players are well fed and hydrated prior to each selection trial.
- Please bring your own water bottle clearly marked with your name on it
Please Register using the following link. Applications will close on Sunday 13th March at 7.00PM – https://form.jotform.com/220508038252852
BY‐LAW 25: REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS
(d) To be eligible to trial for and selection in a representative age group, players must:
- have a Primary Player Registration with a Hunter Junior Rugby Union Club the previous year;
- have played 50% or more of all Matches played (excluding byes) or won on forfeit for their particular Team in the previous year during the Regular Season.
iii. have a Primary Player Registration with a HJRU club in the current season.
- played 50% or more of all matches played or won on forfeit leading up to the NSWCJRU Championships for their registered HJRU club i.e. players trialling for a 2019 team must have a primary player registration and played 50% or more of all matches played or won on forfeit for a HJRU club in 2018, must have a primary player registration with a HJRU club in 2019 and play 50% or more of all matches played or won on forfeit in 2019 leading up to the NSWCJRU Championships.
- Where a player has been injured and cannot fulfil the game requirement, the HJRU Executive shall review the player’s application. A medical certificate must accompany the application (the medical certificate must specify the period the Registered Player was not able to play on medical grounds) and related to a consultation at or around the time the injury/sickness occurred. A medical certificate will be the only document accepted, a letter from a parent will not be considered.
If you have any queries on the above please email email@example.com