27 Feb 2022
Nominations for 2023 Wildfire Teams are now open.
Nominations are now open to all HJRU 2023 players in the age group U12’s to U18’s who wish to trial for the 2023 HJRU Wildfires XVs Teams.
Please note U10 and U11 Development Squad nominations will be invited to trial at a later date reason being this tournament is held in July.
Trials will be held on the below dates and age groups will be spread across multiple venues – Times and Grounds TBA. U18 Boys and U18 Girls trial details are to be confirmed
- Wednesday 15th February – All at Marcellin Park. Times will be confirmed closer to date.
- Sunday 19th February – U12 – U15s including U14 girls are all at Ernie Calland Ovals. U16s Boys and Girls to be held at Dangar Park. Times to be confirmed closer to the date.
All selection trials will include a warm up, skills and fitness testing and a game.
- Please ensure the players are well fed and hydrated prior to each selection trial.
- Please bring your own water bottle clearly marked with your name on it
Please Register using the following link. Applications will close on Friday 10th febraury at 5:00PM – https://form.jotform.com/220508038252852
BY‐LAW 36: REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS
To be eligible for selection in a representative age group, players must:
- All Players must have a Primary Player Registration (15-a-side) with a HJRU affiliated club in the current season before they are able to attend selection day/s.
- All Players that nominate MUST have had a Primary Player Registration (15-a-side) with a Hunter Junior Rugby Union Club the previous year and played 50% or more of all Matches played (excluding byes) or won on forfeit for their particular Team in the Regular Season;
- played 50% or more of all matches played or won on forfeit leading up to the NSWCJRU & NSW State Championships for their registered HJRU club The player must also continue to play a further 4 matches after the Country and State Champs otherwise they will not be eligible for selection in a Rep team the following year. (This rule may not apply to U12 & U13s as their Country Champs are after our season has finished).
- Where a player has been injured and cannot fulfil the game requirement for the Selection Day and or attend the trial days set by HJRU, the HJRU Executive as a whole shall review the player’s application for Dispensation. A medical certificate must accompany the Dispensation (the medical certificate must specify the period the Registered Player was not able to play on medical grounds) and related to a consultation at or around the time the injury/sickness occurred. A medical certificate will be the only document accepted, a letter from a parent will not be considered. Players will still be expected to attend the selection day/s even if they can’t participate. The Dispensation form can be found under resources on the website.
- Injured players – If a player has a significant injury (such as a break) and they will not be able to participate/train for maximum 4 weeks they will not be considered for Selection. A player must have a return to contact sport letter from their medical practitioner before they return to train.
- Training – Must be available for all training sessions designated by the Team Coach.
- All players must be available for all trial games and competition games as required
If you have any queries on the above please email email@example.com